5 Things you should know about BEFORE you select a mobile software vendor
With more organizations looking for field service applications to streamline operations, it is no surprise that we have seen an increase in the number of mobile software vendors within the marketplace. Please take a few minutes to learn 5 things you should know before you select a mobile software vendor.
- Proven – Be weary of solutions that have just been released and companies that have just opened their doors. Unfortunately many vendors have gone to market with solutions that have not been properly tested, documented and de-bugged. This can result in problems building your application, training your team, getting support and downtime out in the field.
- Configuration – Make sure that the vendor’s solution can be configured by a member of your team on a moment’s notice without the need to write any code. It is also important that you have the means to deploy these changes automatically without the need to impact mobile workers, or uninstall and re-install the solution.
- Track Record – Review your vendor’s successful project track record. Ask for references and schedule calls without the vendor being present. This will ensure you receive honest answers without the reference customer having to worry about hurting anyone’s feelings.
- Integration – The majority of applications deployed today require integration into multiple back office business systems. Make sure that the solution provider you are considering provides an easy to use integration to mobilize your critical information.
- Prove it – If you are evaluating mobile application development tools, platforms or custom application vendors, don’t sit through a power point presentation just talking about the solution. Make sure you get to see the solution working LIVE. If the company you are evaluating is offering an easy to use development environment, be leery of companies that need a sales engineer or developer to demo the product. This probably means that the product is difficult to use and even harder to develop with.
MobileFrame does not need sales engineers. All of our sales professionals are able to build their own custom applications and demo the complete environment including a live integration on every demo.
If you are interested in learning more about how MobileFrame can help your organization implement a field service application to streamline your operations please contact us today.
Contact Us | Phone: 408.885.1200 | Email: Sales@MobileFrame.com